If there's a will, there's a way.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Last Conference Call and Future Races

Hello fellow Vikings:

It's sad to think that our time frame for Vitality is coming to a close but I'm glad that in last Sunday's conference called we all agreed to carry it on for a few weeks (woot!woot!)

DJ and I are so excited for this warm weather and are dedicated to taking advantage of the outdoors and becoming more healthy.  I kind of want to restart my New Year's resolutions as New Spring resolutions, who agrees?

I was asked to post about the main points from the last conference call so here they are....

1. Aleisha reports on her new dedication to living healthy with the help of a nutritionist and a whole new outlook on life.  She shares her spiritual, emotional, and physical difficulties and journey in this new way of life.  Check out her blog if you haven't already done so.  She inspires us all.

2.  We all discuss the benefits of a wonderful support system (all of you Vitality Vikings) and decide to continue phone calls, chats, and activities that will continue to help us in our quest for a healthy lifestyle even after Vitality is officially "over."

3.  Race time!  We talk about doing a family run/walk race together.  I'm much more motivated if I've invested money in something so....DJ and I were talking about doing a 1/2 marathon sometime at the end of the summer or beginning of fall.  We thought it would be great if we all decided on a race and ran it together.  It doesn't have to be a 1/2 marathon but a 5k or 10k.  Won't it be great to be running or walking with the ones that we love?  Such a party! :)  

Those are the main points :)  If I missed anything feel free to add to it.  

I've been researching some races and found a pretty good website 
http://www.runningintheusa.com/race/List.aspx?Rank=All&State=UT&Page=4
DJ and I haven't decided on one yet.  Aleisha mentioned that she wanted to do a race that supported something or someone.  There are a few of those but after looking I decided that having a specific date range to work around is better for finding a race.  

So.....let me know which dates work best for you (or go to the website and find some races that you liked)  and I'll research some more.

I love you all and keep up the good work!

camille

2 comments:

  1. okay everybody...Camille and I talked about choosing June 15th as the day to get together to party for dj's birthday and to walk? mark it on your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this, Camille! Fabulous recap... I'm sorry to say that we will be at Niels' family reunion over DJ's birthday. My weekends are pretty crazy this summer. I'll keep looking for one I can go to and I'll invite everyone to join, but don't change your plans because of me!

    ReplyDelete